Rogers & Callcott is a full-service engineering and environmental consultancy and chemical testing laboratory located in Greenville and Columbia, SC. Our commitment to our clients and associates and quality service are the guiding principles for our actions and decisions. These two principles are demonstrated in part through the lasting relationships we have established with our clients for over 50 years, and the transfer of the company ownership to every employee of the company via our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Being employee-owned is a key ingredient in our company culture, and it serves to advance both our employees’ and our clients’ interests. In taking ownership of the firm, we in turn take on ownership of our clients’ concerns. We own the company. We own the work. We own our clients’ problems and solutions. This is the work atmosphere we offer—and it comes with significant advancement opportunity for the right candidate.
Since our founding in 1969, our clients have come to rely on us to meet their needs in engineering, environmental consulting, EHS compliance and training, sampling and laboratory analysis, and air quality services.
Our ownership and leadership are homegrown. If you are motivated by productivity and working with others, are comfortable taking initiatives, possess an analytical mind with attention to details and take pride in your quality of work, we want you to join our team. We offer a challenging, supportive work atmosphere with advancement opportunities for the suitable candidates.
Rogers & Callcott is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. The company offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and short-term and long-term disability insurance, an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, 401(k), paid holidays and leave time. Rogers & Callcott is a drug-free workplace and requires a pre-employment drug screen.
We are accepting applications to the positions listed below. To apply please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or the address below.
Rogers & Callcott
ATTN: Personnel Manager
PO Box 5655
Greenville, SC 29606-5655
- Linear Pipeline and Utility Design of Drinking Water Distribution, Sanitary Sewer and Stormwater Collection and Conveyance
- Stormwater Management and Site Design
- Civil Site Development and Grading Design of commercial, industrial and residential sites
- Municipal Water & Wastewater Treatment Process and System Design
- Industrial Wastewater and System Process Design
- Conduct engineering field survey work, site visits, flagging and staking under the direction of design engineer for data collection and verification of existing conditions.
- Conduct stormwater construction site inspections (CEPSCI)
- Conduct site visits for construction management and support
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines and professionals of the project under the direction of the design engineer
- Perform civil design activities using knowledge of relevant software programs
- Assist in the preparation of technical reports, permitting applications, construction estimates and schedules
- Manage work assignments on a day-to-day basis accurately and on-schedule
- Performs other duties as assigned by senior engineering staff
- Basic understanding of general civil engineering design
- Basic understanding of AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Basic understanding of typical Civil Engineering Design Software (TR-55, HEC-RAS, WaterCAD, HydroCAD, etc.)
- Basic understanding of GIS Software (ESRI-ArcPRO)
- Microsoft Office / Google Suites proficiency (Word, Excel, Sheets, Docs, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail with analytical, multitasking and ability to utilize good judgement
- Strong communication and design skills
- Cooperative skills in working efficiently with the framework of an engineering design team
- Preference given to local candidates
- Air Permit Consulting & Permit Application Prep
- RCRA/DOT Hazardous Waste / Material Compliance
- Wastewater Compliance & Permitting
- EPCRA Tier II & Form R Reporting
- SWPPP & SPCC Plan Consulting & Plan Prep
- OSHA Compliance
- Industrial Hygiene
- NFPA Compliance
- MSHA Compliance
- ISO 14001 Auditing Experience
- This job primarily focuses on clients in the Upstate South Carolina; however, travel may be required to various job-sites in the Southeast on occasion.
- Ability to analyze, prioritize, multitask assignments, and problem-solve
- Ability to prepare samples using manual, automated, and instrumental methods utilizing in-house Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Ensure appropriate testing procedures are conducted in compliance with QA and SOP requirements
- Preparation of reagents or standards as needed
- Ability to maintain and calibrate instrumentation
- Prepare and maintain required documentation
- Meet turn-around-time (TAT) goals
- Generate work-lists and work independently
- Ability to use (or learn to use) LIMS and other computer software
- Ability to work under pressure
- Organizational skills
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- An Associate or Bachelor's degree in a science field
- Preferred one-year experience in an analytical laboratory